The Riverside High School Athletic Booster Club is committed to providing student-athletes at Riverside High School the very best facilities, equipment, protection and opportunities. We raise funds for uniforms, training equipment and team support.
Sports May Resume June 15 with Health & Safety Rules
by Riverside HS posted 06/08/2020
Among the requirements:
Limitations on Gatherings: Workouts are limited to 90 minutes; No more than 25 people outside, no more than 10 people inside – including coaches, managers, trainers, etc. Workouts should be conducted in pods of athletes with the same 5-10 students working out together each day. There must be a minimum of 6 feet of distance between people at all times. If distance is not possible, the number of people participating must be reduced to maintain social distance.
Pre-Workout Monitoring: All coaches and students must be screened daily for symptoms of COVID-19, including a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher or who reports any symptoms will not be allowed to participate. Responses to questions must be recorded for each person. The head coach is responsible for the collection of the data each day. Students or coaches who have positive symptoms cannot return without a note from a doctor.
Help us keep our 440 students competing on 19 teams at Riverside by making a gift of $203 during this special fundraiser. Your gift of $203 provides the equivalent of the expense for one student to participate in one season this year.
Did you know that Durham Public Schools only provides 14% ($15,000) of the funding needed to run our Athletics program at Riverside? The other 86% of the funding comes from ticket sales, sponsorships, and fundraisers. That means the Athletics Department and the Booster Club need to produce over $89,000 in revenue this year to support our students.
100% of donations through this effort will go directly to the Booster Club to help our kids – in contrast to a small percentage we make off any fundraising sales (candy, coupon books, etc). If we are successful with this fundraiser, the Booster Club won’t be asking you to sell anything later this year!